[SLED] Wells Fargo blocking SL charges

Veritas Variscan veritasvariscan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 08:06:23 PDT 2007

Hello all,

Wow - I am so disturbed to hear about all the difficulties people are having
with LL's billing!

I had billing trouble last month, but this month seems to have gone off
without a hitch.  My credit card company denied the August LL island
billing, thinking it might be fraudulent in nature.  They contacted me to
verify and I approved the charge.  However, even after that occurred, LL
used a strange method to bill me: they (correctly) took my "process credit'
$US balance, then the rest of the fee from my credit card on file.  But they
did it over two different days, and the spreadsheet provided by the website
was somewhat confusing, making it look as if they had charged me twice.
Upon further examination, it turned out that they hadn't billed me
twice.  But it was just so fuzzy and it disturbed me, since I performed and
managed billing/bookkeeping/accounting functions for many years.  I would
never have found such shoddy work acceptable.

So I will say this: I will examine my bills and all items in the My Account
section of the website regularly to be certain things are being done
correctly.  I will not take LL at their word with respect to billing again.
I also have to say that I download my Transaction Register every Monday or
Tuesday.   Then, at the beginning of each month, I download the past 30
days' worth of transactions, compare the ending balances to my weekly
reports, and discard the weekly reports when I am satisfied as to their
accuracy.  I aIso copy the monthly billing section from the website and keep
it every month.  I urge all users to do the same.  Let's hope this is just a
temporary problem that LL will soon surmount.

Wishing you a positive outcome,
Doreen Pugh
SL: Veritas Variscan

On 9/15/07, Aaron Schultz <aaron at powertrip.net> wrote:

> While my wife and I were in Australia recently we had multiple charges
> from Linden Labs to the tune of well over $1000US.  The problem has
> since been mostly rectified (except for not taking into account exchange
> rates at the times of the charges).  The problem was apparently the
> result of a billing change from US based company to a UK one and even
> resulted in 2 month delay of billing.  I attempted to contact one of the
> Lindens to see if they were posting this to the blog to help notify the
> general public as they admitted that this was more than an isolated
> incident.  Unfortunately, so far I've not even had an acknowledgment
> that my mail was even read.
>
> I also don't recall that the Lindens replied to the August 17th thread
> which was related (Re: [SLED] has anyone gotten billed lately for their
> island)
>
> It appears the list of known issues with LL billing is growing, here's
> what I can think of to date:
> * This new set of problems started with the swap from US to UK billing
> * Reports of fraudulent charges after this change
>   (Both BY the new company in our case and by other companies as
>   reported in this thread)
> * Multiple charges for the same single [legit] transaction
> * "Account History" area of the website does not reflect these charges
> * No responses from LL to the previous thread or this one so far.
>
> --
> - Aaron
>

> RavenPhoenix wrote:
> > */BE WARY OF SWITCHING TO PAYPAL…/*
> >
> > */ /*
> >
> > */I don't mean to alarm unnecessarily, but I also had a problem where my
> > Visa was not accepting LL charges.  I'd resisted the whole PayPal thing
> > until I found myself with no choice.  I created a PayPal account.  I
> > used it ONLY for purchasing Lindens./*
> >
> > */ /*
> >
> > */On August 30^th , three transactions were posted to my PayPal account
> > that I did not make.  One, to NJ…one, to Germany and one to Hong
> > Kong…all, apparently, by the same person, and all for web hosting, to
> > the tune of $900.  I filed immediate fraud claims with PayPal, and
> > notified my bank…and, even though the fraud claims were approved by
> > PayPal and the transactions found to be fraudulent, PayPal still debited
> > my bank account for the charges.  I am still trying to resolve the
> matter./*
> >
> > */ /*
> >
> > */Look before leaping…that's all I'm saying./*
> >
> > */ /*
> >
> > */RPZ/*
> >
> > */ /*
> >
> > The glory of great men should always be measured by the means they have
> > used to acquire it.
> >   - Francois de La Rochefoucauld
> > <http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/32971.html>
> >
> > Skype: ravenphoenix.zenovka
> > SL: RavenPhoenix Zenovka
> > E-mail: RavenPhoenix at embarqmail.com <mailto:RavenPhoenix at embarqmail.com>

> [...]

Veritas Variscan (SL)

"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso