[SLED] Wells Fargo blocking SL charges

Aaron Schultz aaron at powertrip.net
Sat Sep 15 16:54:02 PDT 2007

While my wife and I were in Australia recently we had multiple charges
from Linden Labs to the tune of well over $1000US.  The problem has
since been mostly rectified (except for not taking into account exchange
rates at the times of the charges).  The problem was apparently the
result of a billing change from US based company to a UK one and even
resulted in 2 month delay of billing.  I attempted to contact one of the
Lindens to see if they were posting this to the blog to help notify the
general public as they admitted that this was more than an isolated
incident.  Unfortunately, so far I've not even had an acknowledgment
that my mail was even read.

I also don't recall that the Lindens replied to the August 17th thread
which was related (Re: [SLED] has anyone gotten billed lately for their
island)

It appears the list of known issues with LL billing is growing, here's
what I can think of to date:
* This new set of problems started with the swap from US to UK billing
* Reports of fraudulent charges after this change
   (Both BY the new company in our case and by other companies as
   reported in this thread)
* Multiple charges for the same single [legit] transaction
* "Account History" area of the website does not reflect these charges
* No responses from LL to the previous thread or this one so far.

--
- Aaron