[SLED] uAdvice for iMac

Bruce Sommerville bdsommerville at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 19:18:10 PDT 2007

 Hello Mac users,
   I'm on the verge of buying a brand new computing machine, and only
require a little push from Mac users on the list to abandon Windows and go
for an iMac. I have in mind a 24" screen, a couple of gig of ram, a 2.4 GHz
Intel Core Duo processor, and the following graphics card: ATI Radeon HD
2600 Pro with 256 MB of memory.
   The graphics card accords with Linden Lab SL system requirements, but
given the flaky nature of the graphics situation, I would appreciate advice
from Apple Mac users as to whether this should do the job, and any other
advice you might have for optimising the Apple experience for SL (and in
other ways - I'm a novice with Apple machines, except for my old Apple II+.)
  Of course, a lot depends on getting a generous tax return this year :-/
   Thanks.
Bruce Sommerville.