[SLED] Common Newbie Problems

Hollins, Paul P.A.Hollins at bolton.ac.uk
Mon Sep 10 00:44:12 PDT 2007

Hi Sarah et al,

One of the most common newbie problems I have found is what I call fundamental navigation, that is not navigating the space but navigating the very basic controls and actions in 2L.

I can recall participating in a lecture /presentation where at least fifty per cent of the delegates were newbies and spent the majority of the lecture "learning" how to sit down in one of the seats provided (whether there should have been seats or not is a point worthy of much discussion).

Other fundamental navigational issues have included determining appropriate use of the "shout" and "chat " functions, again I can recall shouting in my early days with some embarrassing results.

Kindest Regards,

Paul H