[SLED] Lessons in Second Life

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Sep 5 07:21:21 PDT 2007

Every Week  on Tuesday (1:30-3pm SLT) join us for Lessons in Second
Life, an open table forum centering on what can be learned in sl in
both formal and informal settings.  The forum is open to faculty,
students, and interested parties of all kinds.   We meet at the
_blacklibrary  hyperborea 91, 30, 26  im buridan simon for  more
information.  Come share your ideas for learning in Second Life

http://slurl.com/secondlife/hyperborea/92/30/26/?title=Lessons%20in%
20Second%20LIfe&msg=at%20the%20_blacklibrary

yesterday's discussion had a heated discussion about:
a. the merits of using the web in world
b. how one goes about moving data in and out of the world using http
put and get
c. what we can learn from Second Life's intellectual property regime
and how one can appropriate/liberate textures for artistic and
educational uses.

next week's Lessons in Second Life is sponsored by the Consortium for
Surrealist Learning Environments

Jeremy Hunsinger
Information Ethics Fellow, Center for Information Policy Research,
School of Information Studies, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
(www.cipr.uwm.edu)

Words are things; and a small drop of ink, falling like dew upon a
thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions,
think. --Byron