[SLED] educational possibilities of Second Life for primary school

Ed Lamoureux ell at bumail.bradley.edu
Tue Sep 4 06:11:04 PDT 2007

bart
I sent you a file with educator links, including a link to the SLED
archive. About 3,000 educators are "at it" often..
search the archives for "Teen Grid." 13-18 is for teens; there's no
SL for under 13. I think some folks use "There" and other
alternatives for wee tots.

On Sep 4, 2007, at 7:13 AM, Bart Harder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a 20-year-old student from the Netherlands, studying to become
> a primary school teacher. I'm in my final year and I'm doing a
> research in the educational possibilities of Second Life for
> primary school.
> I'm not using Second Life myself, but when I have more information
> about this subject I want to create my own avatar and start exploring.
> Is it possible that anyone could send me some more information
> about the specific options for education in SL, experiences that
> you have working with SL and children, projects that children could
> work on in SL?
> I'm interested in information about the educational possibilities
> of SL for children from the age of 6 till the age of 14.
>
> I just started this research and I would be very grateful if
> someone could help me get started by sharing their experiences or
> information.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Bart

Edward Lee Lamoureux, Ph. D.