[SLED] second life vs there

Annette Pohlke annette at pohlke.de
Tue Oct 23 09:44:48 PDT 2007

I started to systematically test other virtual worlds and blog about
it in my SL blog: http://sl-log.de. Most of it isn't really in depth
(yet?) and not necessarily focused on education, but you may still
like to take a look and maybe you find something useful. So far I
wrote about There, IMVU and Gaia Online.

My 2 cents in a nutshell is that from what I have seen so far, Second
Life is superior for educational projects the simple reason that
everyone can easily create things without having to get a formal
developer status first, something you may even have to pay for in
other virtual worlds. Also the legal situation of creators is better
in SL, as they will keep full IP rights.

Annette