[SLED] In defence of fantasy

Lisa Dawley lisadawley at boisestate.edu
Fri Nov 30 06:17:43 PST 2007

Your comment about maintaining virtual social networks was interesting.
Without a blink, I can tell you that my virtual social network is the
MAIN means for keeping in touch with my colleagues (all real people, all
around the world.)

>>> <KatyWood100 at aol.com> 11/30/07 3:53 AM >>>
There will always be nay-sayers to any new technology, trend or
experience.
I remember one of my former colleagues being very against e-mail when
it's use
 became more widespread in professional life. Now, you can't prise him
away
from  his e-mail for more than two hours!

Er .... perhaps that isn't the best example. There is the worry that
people
may spend more time and effort maintaining social networks on the
virtual
plane  rather than in real life.

Katy
Wood