[SLED] How Does Your Institution Get Linden Dollars toYour Avatar?

Aldon Hynes Aldon.Hynes at Orient-Lodge.com
Wed Nov 28 17:47:46 PST 2007

Being a free agent, I get all my Lindens from camping and trading in the
Second Life stock markets.....

-----Original Message-----
From: educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com
[mailto:educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com]On Behalf Of Lisa Dawley
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 7:44 PM
To: educators at lists.secondlife.com
Subject: RE: [SLED] How Does Your Institution Get Linden Dollars toYour
Avatar?

Believe it or not, I own clothing stores that generate just enough money
to cover expenses lol

It started as a hobby to see if I could design clothing in Photoshop.
After my first few pieces, I thought hey, I could rent a store space and
see if I sell anything.  After the first store, I thought hey, I could
open a second store...and so on.  I think I'm up to seven stores at this
point :D  My avatar isn't rich, but she does make enough to keep our
needs funded.  It's also been helpful to learn about e-commerce and
marketing techniques in SL.

>>> "Kim FLINTOFF" <kimbo2 at iinet.net.au> 11/28/07 4:25 PM >>>
They don't all my costs for SL are borne by me.

Kim Flintoff B.A., Grad. Dip. Ed., M.Ed.
PhD Candidate
QUT Creative Industries: Performance Studies
Sessional Lecturer/Tutor
ECU School of Education and Arts: Contemporary Performance / Drama
Education