[SLED] 10 Challenges & Solutions to Teaching in SL

Lisa Dawley lisadawley at boisestate.edu
Tue Nov 20 15:18:54 PST 2007

Hi Alan, thanks for the compliment to the group.  They are amazing, most
of them are university faculty, so it's been an interesting
semester--they've kept me on my toes!  Class ends in 5 weeks.  I'll
follow-up with them to see if there's interest.

Cheers, Lisa

***********************
Lisa Dawley, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Chair
Department of Educational Technology
Boise State University
1910 University Drive, MS 1747
Boise, Idaho 83725-1747
208-426-5430  Office
208-426-1451  Fax
http://edtech.boisestate.edu
EDTECH island:  http://slurl.com/secondlife/EDTECH/105/132/24/
>>> Alan Levine <alan at nmc.org> 11/20/07 3:08 PM >>>
Lisa,

This is a great resource- It would be really exciting to somehow
bring this, or better, the people who wrote them, into some
discussion format/event? I am aware this is for a class, so the
students may be disbanding, but we could consider scheduling a
special NMC teachers buzz session to discuss them. Any thoughts?

regards

Alan

On Nov 20, 2007, at 2:58 PM, Lisa Dawley wrote:

> As promised, here is a compilation of 10 challenges and solutions to
> teaching in SL.  You'll notice there are several responses on
> facilitating new users in SL.  Thanks to the talented folks in EDTECH
> 597: Teaching & Learning in Second Life, for allowing their work to be
> made public.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/29ooph

Alan Levine ✪
Vice President, NMC Community and CTO
NMC: The New Media Consortium: sparking innovative learning and
creativity
2499 S, Capital of Texas Highway. Bldg. A, Suite 202 Austin, TX  78746
(512) 445-4200 | (512) 445-4205 fax
http://www.nmc.org

NMC Campus Observer: Second Life http://sl.nmc.org/
NMC Virtual Worlds: http://virtualworlds.nmc.org

Upcoming NMC events:
* Symposium on Evolution of Communciation- Dec 4-5, 2007 in Second Life

For details see http://www.nmc.org/cal