[SLED] Bad hair day @ Linden

Trevena, Stan Trevena.S at monet.k12.ca.us
Mon Nov 19 12:40:30 PST 2007

We continue to have problems today with SL in our labs, with only a few
students being able to login.  The login screens display different times
between students (I show 10:19 am PST right now after a call to the
Concierge, and it is really 12:34 PST).  I called support and they said
that if we started to experience login problems last week, that it is
likely related to the problems they are having, and that it is not fixed
yet.  They said to watch the blog, and if our problems continue after
they announce that all is well, then we should call them back.  They
currently have no ETA on a fix.

Over the weekend there were a few times when entire islands in the
PacRimX Project were offline.  Seems that there have been voice problems
too this weekend with SL.  I guess the bad hair day is turning into bad
hair week.

Anyone have any more details on what's going on?

Here's a post from the blog from today early AM:

[UN-RESOLVED] Recurring Issues Within Second Life Over The Weekend
<http://blog.secondlife.com/2007/11/17/reoccurring-issues-within-second-
life-today/>

Saturday, November 17th, 2007 at 6:10 PM PST by: Frontier Linden
<http://blog.secondlife.com/author/frontierlinden/>

Monday [5.14 AM PST] We posted earlier that this issue was resolved and
we regret that this is not the case. Residents will continue to
experience occasional login issues, etc. Our apologies for the
inconvenience. We'll do everything we can to sort this out.

Saturday [6:10pm Pacific] We've experienced multiple issues within
Second Life today as the result of recurring database crashes. This has
happened approximately four times today, in each case everything was
restored within 30 minutes.

This has resulted in intermittent login issues, regions being
unreachable and other features within Second Life not working, such as
Search.

We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and will post any
updates to the Official Linden Blog as they become available.

Stan Trevena

Director, Information and Technology Services

Modesto City Schools

http://pacificrimx.wordpress.com