[SLED] NMC Campus Events

Veritas Variscan veritasvariscan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 06:13:26 PST 2007

Hello Marlyn,

I also wish these NMC events could charge no admission.  Like many people on
the SLED list who have no institutional backing, I pay for everything I do.
I wanted to attend the Symposium on Creativity held at NMC in August, but
could not afford the $295 fee.

I was thrilled when I saw Larry's post that said the New Media Consortium
had done the next best thing - they have made the Symposium archive
available at the following site:
http://www.nmc.org/symposium-on-creativity

I am grateful to NMC for making this site available to us, applaud all their
good work, and remain hopeful that the upcoming conference will also be
archived for future viewing.

Best regards,
Doreen Pugh
Veritas Variscan (SL)

*On Nov 11, 2007 7:45 AM, RILug RILug <rhodeislandlug at yahoo.com> wrote: *
*
*

> *Alan, the event is not free? I am kind of disappointed. :( *
>

> *Alan Levine <alan at nmc.org>* wrote:
>
>   Registration is now open for the Dec 4-5 NMC Symposium on the Evolution
> of Communication-  a 2 day conference that will take place entirely in
> Second Life. We are pleased to welcome Howard Rheingold as our keynote
> presenter. Register now as space is limited!
>
> News Story: http://tinyurl.com/348me6
> Conference Info: http://www.nmc.org/2007-fall-virtual-symposium
> Session Titles: http://www.nmc.org/2007-fall-virtual-symposium/schedule

"Everything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso