[SLED] Location Based Harassment

Nola Johnston njohnston at eciad.ca
Fri Nov 9 14:53:39 PST 2007

>Anyone else have any
>ideas about places to suggest to new users who want to
>talk and hang out?

Yes. The high fantasy continent is large, friendly, and creative. It
is also PG, has a charter outlining appropriate behaviour, and the
charter rules are enforced. That doesn't mean you can't be griefed or
harassed there, but it is relatively uncommon and if it is a public
situation and a member of the group associated with the land (Elf
Circle) is present, they can call for help.

However, visitors should be aware that these are low-tech
fantasy/medieval themed sims, and the presence of anything past 1600
other than a visitor avatar/clothing is prohibited, so you must put
away the tech toys while visiting. (The group is very strict about
this.)

Look for the sim ElvenGlen and then zoom your map out... it was 36
islands last time I counted. Lots to explore. I believe the main tp
into ElvenGlen drops you at the info centre, where you can get
information about the continent and its rules. The drum circle nearby
is where people often gather socially, it's a great place for newbies.

I've also explored the Caledon sims quite a bit, and have never been
harassed there. Their theme is Victorian steampunk.

Nola