[SLED] Introduction and questions

Mechthild Schmidt mschmidt at HouseWorksDigital.com
Thu Nov 1 08:10:36 PDT 2007

Hi Yannis,

The first decision would be to either rent a space or buy a whole
island.
There are several educational/academic islands in SL (a big cluster
around NMC + a smaller around Eduisland) with smaller or larger
shares of islands available, built around a common 'media center'

To buy an island you have to factor in cost to buy, maintain
(educational pricing is 50% at the SL website) + initial development/
building cost.

In both cases you will need some tech support + training from your
university.
I am pasting some NMC info below. There are several NMC members on
this list.

best,
Mechthild Schmidt/Tilla Kronos

Mechthild Schmidt