[SLED] Teaching Position Information

Kim Gregson kimatiu at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 19:52:11 PDT 2007

Hi folks,
I teach at Ithaca College in the Television-Radio
department of the Park School of Communication. We are
looking for a prof to be chair of the television-radio
department. The school is doing more new media stuff -
we have 2 islands in SecondLife. I teach research
methods and we do our data collection in SecondLife.
Our dean has an account as do the current chair and
the college's assistant provost. Here's the
announcement for the position. It's a great place to
work - amazing students, strong support from the
administration, faculty who get along with each other.
Please pass the announcement on to anyone you think
might be interested.

Kim Gregson
(SL: Kim CHihuly)
---------

Associate Professor/Professor and Chair

Department of Television-Radio

Roy H. Park School of Communications

Ithaca College

The Roy H. Park School of Communications seeks a
senior faculty member and chairperson to provide
leadership and vision to our successful and
established Department of Television-Radio of
approximately 17 full-time faculty and 400
undergraduate majors. The department chair is a
three-year position with the possibility of renewal
upon re-election by the department, and includes
undergraduate teaching responsibilities and committee
service in addition to administrative duties. We seek
an experienced and visionary candidate to lead the
faculty in its commitment to preparing students to
succeed in a professional environment increasingly
characterized by cross-platform delivery and audience
production/participation. The department’s curriculum
includes courses in the design, production, and
management of video, audio, and interactive media.
Candidates must hold a doctoral degree, and have
achieved a record of excellence in undergraduate
teaching and scholarly/professional activity that
would warrant tenure within the department.
Administrative experience is preferred; rank and
tenure status dependent on qualifications and
experience. Candidates must demonstrate a commitment
to the contemporary integrated media curriculum within
the context of a comprehensive liberal education,
collaborative qualities to foster a collegial
atmosphere in the department, and expertise in
emerging forms of media creation, content, and
industries. The chairperson will represent the
department’s interest within the College and the
larger community, handle administrative detail,
maintain open communication with administrators,
faculty, staff, and students, and facilitate
relationships with professional constituencies. Senior
faculty are expected to be active nationally in
relevant scholarly and professional organizations, and
to lead undergraduate media programs in the country.
Visit our website www.icjobs.org to apply. Questions
about online application, call (607) 274-1207.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and
will continue until the position is filled.

Ithaca College is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Members of underrepresented
groups (including people of color, persons with
disabilities, military veterans and women) are
encouraged to apply.