[SLED] First conference on Second Life as a business environment for a Spanish speaking audience

Giulio Prisco gp at metafuturing.com
Sat Mar 10 06:42:19 PST 2007

Yesterday we had a very interesting event: the first conference on Second
Life as a business environment for a Spanish speaking audience. See the page
Conferencia sobre "Second Life como entorno de
negocios"<http://uvvy.com/index.php/SLnegocios2007>(in Spanish) for a
complete coverage with pictures. About 140 participants
attended - 80 in brickspace, in the conference hall of the Computer Science
department of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid <http://www.fi.upm.es/>,
and 60 in Second Life in the islands
uvvy<http://uvvy.com/index.php/Uvvy_island_in_SL>and
Novatierra <http://novatierra.com/>. The speakers presented Second Life and
other VR worlds as technological and social phenomena, and focused on
emergent business applications. Our streaming video
server<http://uvvy.com/index.php/Streaming_video_server>and a MacBook
Pro running the QuickTime
broadcaster <http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/> have been used to
stream real-time video and voice to the audience in Second Life.