[SLED] Holodeck

Fire in Korea fire at eslteacherlink.co.kr
Tue Jul 17 09:38:09 PDT 2007

Hi there! This is Fire from English Village, the demo located at:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/English%20Village/147/162/146/

Now works - a feature of the Horizons deck, is that you can set the Holodeck
to be Private access (only for you) or for Group access - I think the demo
may have been set to private, anyhow, I logged in with a test account, and
tried it... it now works!

You can also purchase the holodecks either on my island through my vendor
right above the demo holodecks door, or purchase them at SLexchange.com

I prefer Horizon decks over all others for many reasons - primarily because
their customer service is BY FAR the best than most other holodeck vendors.

Regarding educational scenes, I have created a few - like a meeting room
scene, and a chair scene.  And will create more in the coming weeks for
educators. What scenes did you have in mind?

On 7/18/07, Tim Thompson <thompsotd at gmail.com> wrote:

> The demo one didn't work for me either the first time, but it does
> now.  When you go there, climb the stairs into it and then type the
> commands (list programs, run program xxx, etc).  Also, there is are
> functioning versions satellite buildings.
>
> Tim
>
> On Jul 17, 2007, at 10:46 AM, Emma Duke-Williams wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > We're looking at holodecks. I've seen the one that fire has in the
> > English Village (though we couldn't get any of the scenes to rezz when
> > we tried, but I'm guessing that it was a temporary thing - so we had a
> > look at the screenshots to guess what you were doing). It struck me
> > that there are some traditional "educational" type scences, and some
> > less conventional ones.
> >
> > Are there any other Education based Holodecks - in particular ones
> > that people have created - rather than an "off the shelf" ones. I'm
> > interested in less formal educational settings (i.e. not a classroom
> > full of chairs!), something medical (e.g. a one bed ward), and, well,
> > any other ideas that I've not yet thought of!
> > (Oh, a court scene- pref UK style - would be great too!.. law court
> > that is, not Royal Court!)
> >
> > Emma
> >
> > --
> > Blog: http://userweb.port.ac.uk/~duke-wie/blog/