[SLED] newbie interested in visualality of SL classrooms

Cassandra Dam lyonsarts at yahoo.ca
Sun Jul 8 19:38:34 PDT 2007

Hi I'm Cassandra Dam and am a PhD student at the University of Calgary.  I'm just starting my degree at the Faculty of Education specializing in interpretive studies and am interested in visual culture and learning.  My academic background is fine art, art history and visual culture and I have been working in arts education & non-profit for the better part of 15 years.

I'm really interested in the visual effects of on-line classroom and of course when I heard of SL I became very interested.  I would appreciate any locations people can send me to see the classroom settings and anything else (links etc.) that people might think would be useful.

As I have mentioned I am not from an education background (academically speaking - but I have been in and around classrooms all my life...) and am very new to digital worlds and all things techie.

Thanks and I am looking forward to learning alot here

Cassandra Dam
SL persona: Veronix Bade