[SLED] SL Seal of Excellence?

Catheryn Cheal cheal at oakland.edu
Fri Jul 6 14:26:41 PDT 2007

Actually, I'm not interested in labels, seals, awards, or branding at this point. I just think there's too much experimentation going on for that at the moment. But it never hurts to have lists of things one can check if one wants to. Second Life was a virtual world with it's own code and ways of doing things (with I believe, a strong value on independence) long before the educators arrived. In fact, that is one of the appealing things about the world --the amount of variety that has been created. I think it's up to individual schools to do any actual policing of the teaching of their faculty.
Great discussion though.
Cathy (Kena Xeno)