Entertainment - was Re: [SLED] RE: Multi-tasking vs specific skills

K.Becker becker at minkhollow.ca
Mon Jan 29 10:04:20 PST 2007

Larry Gillick wrote:
>> Someone recently asked me facetiously if, as a student, I expected my
>> professors to entertain me.
>
> Odd.  I never expected that.
It was a school teacher who asked that, but I've had plenty of faculty
who believe that having fun in class is frivolous and a waste of time
(we can't possibly be learning if we are having fun...)
> What I resented was teachers without a full grasp of spoken English.
> But then, I started in engineering school.
I was from Computer Science - we had similar issues.
> We wanted to learn new things.  The learning was entertainment enough.
It is when it reaches you in the right way.

--
Katrin Becker
Ph.D. (ABD), Educational Technology;

This communication is intended only for the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential, personal and/or privileged information. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. If you have received this communication in error, please delete or destroy it and notify the sender immediately by email at the address noted above. This email may not be forwarded or reproduced in any form without the written permission of the author.