[SLED] Zero Prim Rezzing

Robert A. Knop Jr. rknop at pobox.com
Tue Jan 23 07:07:41 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 11:55:16PM +0900, Kim FLINTOFF wrote:
> Has anyone used one of these devices?  Are there any drawbacks to their use
> in educational settings?

"Sounds too good to be true?"

Somebody's found a loophole.  It clearly violates the spirit of the
"temporary" flag.  I wouldn't count on this working forever.

> I can imagine possibilities for Drama Education to create new settings very
> quickly between classes or even between scenes in a performance..  but
> sometimes imagination outpaces the reality.

This is a more valid use of temporary prims -- pop in a set for a little
while use it, have it go away.  That sort of thing could be done even
without this cheating gadget you saw advertised (which appears to be set
up so that one could permanently overdraw one's prim allowance.)

-Rob

--
--Prof. Robert Knop
  Department of Physics & Astronomy, Vanderbilt University
  robert.a.knop at vanderbilt.edu