R: [SLED] SL and Web 2.0

Althea althea at ngi.it
Sun Feb 25 01:37:42 PST 2007

Thank you very much to you all for your help!

I think I will touch these topics:

1- A definition of web 2.0

2- Folksonomies and tagging (snapzilla  <http://www.sluniverse.com/pics/>
http://www.sluniverse.com/pics/)

3- Blogging (BlogHUD  <http://bloghud.com/> http://bloghud.com/ )

4- Wikis and collaborative content (
<http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Main_Page>
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Main_Page)

5- Web 2.0 FROM Second Life (
<http://www.hackdiary.com/archives/000085.html> Flickr hack and
<http://blogs.electricsheepcompany.com/chris/?p=62> Slurlmarker)

6- Examples of collaborative content in SL.

IMHO I think that surely Second Life has something that places it in web 2.0
environment. First, it’s much more like a service than a software in the old
sense of the term. Second, much of the content is user created in a
collaborative way (that is the sense of web 2.0). Third, it as a
potentiality derived from “hacking” the platform (if you look at flikr hack
you will understand what I am talking about) and activate the user as
developer.

However, I think that SL is not a web 2.0 service tout court. (It has
potentiality but it is not
)

Thank you very much to you all again :-)

Althea Dryke (SL name)

Ines (real world name)

  _____