[SLED] onsite training for SL newbies in RL

Evonne Heyning evoamo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 09:35:46 PST 2007

Don't use macs for SL training if you can avoid it.  Even with our
macbookpros we're not getting the framerates that PC laptops get and the
crashes have been constant for the last 4-6 weeks, 6-8 crashes per day on
all three of our Mac machines (we never just "log out" anymore).  We host
live SLAons in LA and those with Macs typically have a lot more trouble with
the platform.  I'm picking up a PC laptop to continue our SL work and moving
our macs to be non-SL machines for editing, photoshop and 3D modeling.

.inKenzo.

On 2/16/07, Corey Leong <cleong at openmls.org> wrote:

> Greetings all --
>
> We're planning to deliver SL training courses in RL here in Orlando, FL.
>   I've contacted Apple for possible sponsorship, reselling, and /or
> cross-marketing.
>
> For machines, we're looking at going with 17" iMacs with 2gb or ram
> which should work fine.  We're still in search of a training facility
> which must have a high-speed connection and a relaxed firewall for
> connecting to SL.
>
> Is anyone delivering SL courses in RL?  All of the messages I've seen so
> far are courses delivered in SL not in RL.
>
> Also, what other possible obstacles might we encounter for this project
> besides the obvious ones?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Corey
>
> --
> Corey Leong
> OpenMLS, Inc.
> Chief Technology Officer
>
> Office in SL:
> Sede di Marte(37, 37, 37)
>
> p: 407.963.5209
> f: 407.854.0754
> e: cleong at openmls.org
> w: http://www.openmls.org
> aim: OpenMLS
> sl: Neo Prinz

~inKenzo~  Evonne Heyning
AMO Studio New Media Los Angeles
skype: amoration
www.amoration.org

emails:  evonne at amoration.org has been less stable, evoamo at gmail.com or
inkenzo at gmail.com are reliable. xox

What a Tibetan Monk wrote of his laptop:

'The light of the disk is endless
like the light of the disks in the sky, sun and moon.

With a single push of our finger on a button
We pull up the shining gems of text.'

-- Gelek Rinpoche