[SLED] Shiny Prims go Mirror Prim with First View SL Client!

Emin Saglamer es26 at txstate.edu
Thu Feb 1 10:26:07 PST 2007

I just found out about this. If you download and run the First View client
you can tap into the new mirror prim functionality.

To turn mirror prim functionality on, go to the Debug Menu, select
Rendering-->Dynamic Reflections on the Client.

You will notice that all prims set to HIGH reflection will now function as
mirrors! Wow. Pretty cool huh.

Check out the following video for a demo:

http://www.sluniverse.com/video/reflection/reflection.html

Also look at what I found in our very own educational sim Bobcat Village,
the Sphere! I never thought we would run into it in SL. It reflects
everything except the avatars. And when it starts reflecting the avatars
beware it might be messing with your head and taking control of your mental
abilities! run!

http://www.sluniverse.com/pics/pic.aspx?id=137158