[SLED] Good educational streaming video and audio sources?

Alan Levine alan at nmc.org
Wed Aug 29 13:44:56 PDT 2007

On Aug 29, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Brett Bixler wrote:

> Also, please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like only non-
> secure, streaming Quicktime sources are valid in SL. That means no
> URLs that start https, and no direct YouTube videos?

Not sure about the https part, I'd try a URl that includes the login
as part of the URL.

No on the second part. Rule of thumb- if it plays in QuickTime Movie
Player via a URL, it will play in SL. Most flash based video sites
thus are out, but blip.tv works *if* you upload the original video as
a QT .mov file. Blip provides a URl for this original source.

Alan Levine ✪
Vice President, NMC Community and CTO
NMC: The New Media Consortium: sparking innovative learning and
creativity
2499 S, Capital of Texas Highway. Bldg. A, Suite 202 Austin, TX  78746
(512) 445-4200 | (512) 445-4205 fax
http://www.nmc.org

NMC Campus Observer: Second Life http://sl.nmc.org/
NMC Virtual Worlds: http://virtualworlds.nmc.org

Upcoming NMC events:
* Pachyderm Users Conference- Sep 18-20, 2007 Austin
* Fall Regional Conference- Nov 7-9, 2007 New Orleans, hosted by
Tulane University
* Fall 2007 Online Conference- Dec 4-5, 2007 Something new, not to be
missed

For details see http://www.nmc.org/cal