[SLED] Re: meetings

Larry Havenstein lhavenst at oznet.ksu.edu
Mon Aug 27 14:45:23 PDT 2007

I will say the complaint mentioned the most by people to me who couldn't attend was the costs involved.   I am
not sure using an upper end 5 star hotel is the way to go.

I suppose its all a matter of who you want to draw.

I will say the best conferances I have been to have been the ones in a convention complex that had the hotel
next to the convention center.   There is lots to be said for the ability to take a hour or two off in the hotel room
at times and not worrying about having to grab transportation to get there.

But then most of those conferances are longer than SLCC was, spanning 3 or 4 days.

  Lhavenst at oznet.ksu.edu