[SLED] Bring students on board

Rebekah Simonds bdcent at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 20:50:39 PDT 2007

Hi Carolyn,Recently I completed a class that was taught primarily in SL. The
experience was awesome.  However, there were many difficulties.  If you are
interested in learning about the experiences and tribulations that our class
encountered, check out the following links that are listed at the bottom of
this message.

Also, you might want to look at a machinima that another student and I
produced about education in SL.  In the past two weeks it has been viewed by
over 600 people.   We have received many comments indicating that it is very
informative.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOFU9oUF2HA

http://karlkapp.blogspot.com/      [scroll about 3/4 down]
Tear Down The Walls: Web 2.0 Extends ClassHere are the blog postings from
the class and the wiki address, also you can go to YouTube or TeacherTube
and use "Kapp Second Life" to search for student created videos.

   - MSIT Second Life Wiki <http://msitsecondlife.wikispaces.com/>
   - Week 1: Total Chaos: First Second Life ID Class...Total
Fun<http://karlkapp.blogspot.com/2007/07/total-chaos-first-second-life-id.html#links>
   - Week 2: Learning in 3D Second Class...Tech
problems<http://karlkapp.blogspot.com/2007/07/learning-in-3d-second-classtech.html#links>
   - Week 3: Third Class in Second
Life<http://karlkapp.blogspot.com/2007/07/third-class-is-second-life.html#links>
   - Week 4: Learning in 3D
Class<http://karlkapp.blogspot.com/2007/07/learning-in-3d-class-week-4.html#links>
   - Week 5:Learning in 3D Class: Instructor Technical
Problem<http://karlkapp.blogspot.com/2007/08/week-5-of-learning-in-3d-class.html#links>
   - Week 6:Learning in 3D: More Tech problems and Virtual
Morocco<http://karlkapp.blogspot.com/2007/08/week-six-of-learning-in-3d-more-tech.html#links>