[SLED] IBM Guidelines for Students?

Ginger Swope gswope at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 15 08:43:48 PDT 2007

Since these are IBM guidelines...you cannot replace IBM with Cornell...but
you can use them as a base.

Ginger Swope
Program Manager, Enterprise Learning Initiatives
IBM Learning

Brett Bixler <bxb11 at psu.edu>
Sent by: educators-bounces at lists.secondlife.com
08/15/2007 10:33 AM
Please respond to
bxb11 at psu.edu; Please respond to
SL Educators <educators at lists.secondlife.com>

SL Educators <educators at lists.secondlife.com>

Re: [SLED] IBM Guidelines for Students?

I just published a set of guidelines at
http://ets.tlt.psu.edu/virtualworlds/node/203 .

Feel free to borrow/use whatever you find appropriate.

Robert Bloomfield wrote:
I am getting ready to take some students into Second Life to study the
financial/business community, and want to set guidelines for appropriate
behavior.  I am thinking of simply using the IBM virtual world guidelines

The question is, do these rules need to be adjusted to fit with academic
purposes, or can I just search and replace "IBM" with "Cornell"?  What
you change?

I would appreciate it if you could reply by posting a comment to
http://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nova/2007/08/ibms-virtual-wo.html, where
pose the same question.

Robert Bloomfield
Nicholas H. Noyes Professor of Management/Professor of Accounting
Director of Doctoral Studies/Director of Business Simulation Laboratory
S. C. Johnson Graduate School of Management
450 Sage Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca NY 14853
PHONE: (607) 255-9407 FAX: 254-4590
My web site: http://www.johnson.cornell.edu/faculty/profiles/bloomfield/
Doctoral program web site:
Business Simulation Laboratory web site:

Brett Bixler
Lead Instructional Designer &
Manager, Instructional Support and Research
Educational Technology Services (ETS),
  Teaching and Learning with Technology,
    Information Technology Services,
The Pennsylvania State University