[SLED] Colleges of Education in Second Life

S Collingwood collingwood.7 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 7 13:49:18 PDT 2007

The Department of Women's Studies at Ohio State will begin work on
Minerva, our island in Second Life, in September.  We'll be
completing work on a fully online introductory Women's Studies course
which will be taught for the first time in January (10 weeks, quarter
system).  Work on this course was begun last January, when I taught a
hybrid version of the course, half in SL (through a computer lab) and
half in a traditional classroom.

We hope to have the island open to the public, except, perhaps,
during teaching hours.  We are also tentatively planning to hold
bimonthly public discussion sessions on various  women's issues.

If anyone is interested in learning more, we'll be sending out
announcements through our in-world group, Minerva Guests.  The group
has open enrollment.

Wish us luck, we'll probably need it!

Sharon / Ellie Brewster

>Hi,
>
>We have had a request for information on colleges of education in
>Second Life and what you are doing.  If you do not mind being
>contacted for further information, could you contact me off list
>with your information? Thanks, Lori
>

>Lori Bell
>Director of Innovation
>Alliance Library System
>600 High Point Lane
>East Peoria, IL 61611
>(309)694-9200 ext. 2128
>lbell at alliancelibrarysystem.com
>

>Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out
><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48518/*http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/;_ylc=X3oDMTE3NWsyMDd2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDY2FyLWZpbmRlcg-- >Yahoo!
>Autos new Car Finder tool.

Dr. Sharon Collingwood
Department of Women's Studies