[SLED] Place and Space

Emma Duke-Williams emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 09:09:04 PDT 2007

On 26/04/07, Alan Levine <alan at nmc.org> wrote:

> And is it all that essential to really have a fixed place to meet with
> people? There are so many destinations, free and open to use, where you can
> hold meetings etc. Why so focused on an "office"? Why not a beach, a
> mountain, a tree top hut, a pirate ship, a planet surface, a lake bottom, a
> cafe?  Wouldn't that be more interesting than a virtual cubicle?

I fully agree with that :)

However, earlier you mentioned "filing cabinets". We've been thinking
about having some to "store" materials for when the area isn't staffed
... I'm wondering now what alternatives there could be ... a washing
line, a tree, ... but I'm pretty sure that there are *better* ideas.
Anyone?

Emma
--
Blog: http://www.tech.port.ac.uk/staffweb/duke-wie/blog/