[SLED] classroom disruptions

Beth Ritter-Guth bethritterguth at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:29:57 PDT 2007

Disruptions do happen all of the time, and, sometimes, from other faculty.
Sometimes people don't understand that "I am teaching right now" really
means "these are real life college students enrolled in my class, and I
really need to focus on them right now.  Perhaps you can come back later or
email me out of world, and we can catch up and chat."

What is more agonizing is when I am immed and can't respond right away and
people get irritated.  So, again, "I am teaching right now" does not always
translate into "I am really sorry that I can not IM with you right now; I
will be happy to chat with you when I am done here, but, really, I can't
focus on both your detailed questions and theirs, and they are paying me in
real life to teach them..."

LOL!!!