[SLED] Splurls - persistent slurls

Bill Freese iedbf at montana.edu
Wed Apr 18 10:35:19 PDT 2007

Howdy,
I think web browsers should color code SLURPLs so we know what kind
of link they are. Purple would be good.   ;-)

Seriously, this is a great idea. It drives me crazy as a teacher to
put together a page full of resource links for my students, and by
the end of the semester, half the links are dead. Often a search will
turn up the same information, but at a new location. Persistent URLs
and SLURLs would be a boon. Now, I wonder if I will actually do it.
hmmm.......

Bill Freese / Bill Friis