[SLED] Re: elearning school

Carol and Baron Roberts alpacasdelsol at hughes.net
Thu Apr 5 10:10:45 PDT 2007

Physical school with anytime access? Isn't that an oxymoran? I work at a the Florida Virtual School which is a public high school for the state of Florida and which has franchises throughout the state (brick and mortar labs)  and sells courses to other states and soon other countries. Our students work from home access 24/7. Our students attend traditional high schools and private schools and are home schooled. Student's receive their diplomas through their home school program or traditional high school. Our test results on AP courses are above the state average and our AP reviews are used by traditional schools. We started in 1997 as a way to get small rural schools AP and honors courses when they couldn't afford a teacher for a subject but we are now the largest online high school and middle school in the US. Our motto is any where, any place any time any pace. Hope that helps. Carol Roberts Socratesia Seuss