[SLED] Pew Internet Study surveys internet leaders on "virtual world addiction"

Daniel Livingstone daniel.livingstone at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 25 14:20:20 PDT 2006

I'll have to see if I still have that New Scientist... I did read that
article, and don't recall it being particularly nonsensical. Nor
particularly targeted at video games.

You can get the preview here:
http://www.newscientist.com/channel/being-human/brain/mg19125661.200-hooked-why-your-brain-is-primed-for-addiction.html

And given how many positive plugs NS has given SL in the last few
months, we have no particular reason to complain. Personally I find NS
to be a lot more balanced than many New Media Techno-Utopians. But
hey, thats me.

Daniel

http://learninggames.wordpress.com