[SLED] Streaming RSS feeds in world

Gavin Dudeney gavin.dudeney at theconsultants-e.com
Sun Sep 24 08:22:32 PDT 2006

Hi,

I've just finished adapting an open-source piece of code and now have a
working 1-prim RSS reader. Configured via notecard, it gets the last five
items on the blog address you add to the notecard and displays them in menu
form. Click on a menu item to get details of any of the stories (within SL
data limits), click on the details to go to the story in a standard browser.

This is working off a free script on my web server, but you're welcome to
play with it if you like. I've made the object copyable, so you can make as
many as you like, but if you want to use it seriously you'd be better off
installing the parsing script on a web server of your own and referencing
that (since I'll have to take the script down if it begins to impact on my
server performance). That would involve downloading the free script and
placing it on your server, then changing one line in the prim object script
to reference your server instead of mine.

 If you'd like a look, send me an IM, or your avatar name and I'll drop you
a copy to inventory.

Gavin

Gavin Dudeney - Project Director
The Consultants-E, SL