[SLED] Guided Tours

Nick Noakes nick.noakes at ust.hk
Sun Sep 24 03:22:53 PDT 2006

Gavin Dudeney wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked at that and it does work really well - the only downside I
> can see is that when the time-limited demo ends, everyone you gave it
> to has to pay for it or stop using it - when paying may not be an
> option for some... Here's a free option worth playing with:
>
> http://www.slexchange.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=117801
> <http://www.slexchange.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=117801>
>
> Gavin
Thanks Gavin.

I've had a quick go with this (and spoke with the creator briefly too).
This is very easy to set up and use ... except you need to remember to
edit the LM's to very short names of less than 24 chars once you've
loaded them into the contents folder of the HUD. It has full perms, so
once set up I can drop on someone's inventory, or put it in a 'gift box'
or attach it to a group notice. There is always one link back to the
creators shop in the menu (the menu appears when you click the right
hand grey arrow on the HUD) but hey it's free!

Nick