[SLED] Karma, an anti griefer system

Hiro Pendragon hiro.pendragon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 11:00:50 PDT 2006

It's not quite "killing" - there's an teleport home function in the
Linden Scripting Language that will teleport an avatar home. It's
sudden, its without warning. I can also say that there have been many,
many discussions in the general SL Forums about people being
frustrated about overzealous security systems punting people home
without warning.

To me personally, advising educators, a system that randomly punishes
an offender is a novel idea, but I'd like to see a level of
transparency -
Is there a way to notify a person that they have been added to the list?
Is there a way to appeal?
Is there a way to warn a person before teleporting them home?
Is there a way to request to see if you are on the list?
Is the list decentralized in such a way that one authority can't rule
over grid-wide policing?

-Ron