[SLED] SL article in Nature

Dirk DaSilva dds at venuma.com
Thu Sep 14 09:58:54 PDT 2006

Amen. I could not agree more.

Pretty pictures are necessary for marketing a game and for attracting
tourists.
They may not be necessary for the effective immersion of dedicated
players.

A circle of stones in an open area may be better then an exact
replica of a RL
classroom when it comes to the effectiveness of teaching.

What the article also fails to take into account is the learning that
a player goes
through. From newbie to bored griefer, there appears to be a typical
progression
for players.

Dirk
www.venuma.com