[SLED] urgent security announcement

Pathfinder Linden pathfinder at lindenlab.com
Fri Sep 8 13:36:23 PDT 2006

Greetings,

We have an Urgent Security Announcement on our official blog:

http://blog.secondlife.com

Some of you have purchased manually created accounts for yourselves
and students that may not have a security question in place.  I will
be directly contacting those of you in this situation to resolve this
and confirm your identity.

If you have a regular Second Life account and cannot remember your
security question response or no longer have access to your account's
email address, please wait until Monday Sept 11 and telephone support.
 We're sorry, but we cannot reset passwords over the telephone at this
time.

We'll be updating our blog with more information about this overall
situation.  Please keep an eye on it to stay informed of any further
developments.

We apologize for this inconvenience.  Our primary concern is the
security of everyone's account, so thank you for your patience as we
work towards this goal.

Take care,
-Pathfinder

--
John Lester
Community and Education Manager, Linden Lab

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
-Miguel de Cervantes