[SLED] Introduction of Self to SLED

Cathy Arreguin cathy_arreguin at mac.com
Wed Sep 6 10:35:35 PDT 2006

Hi Bill,

If your teachers are planning on K-12 versus higher education
careers, you might want to encourage them to check out the new Teen
Educators In SL group that's recently been formed.  We're focusing on
the specific and unique constraints and affordances Teen Grid
educators face in designing instruction for this age group.   We're
designed to be a collaborative, supportive group - not only for
practicing teachers, but for those who will soon be entering the
field.  (short story: We deeply respect Ivory Tower research - but
we're really interested in doable, effective, engaging and
implemented instruction within the SL environment aimed at teens.)

You can find more info under the Groups tab in Search... or please
feel free to contact me in-game for more details.

Thanks,

Cathy Arreguin
(SL:Mari Asturias)