[SLED] Problems with the Official Linden Blog

Mark Bell typewritermark at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:07:35 PST 2006

Folks,

Is it me or is it a bit worrysome that linden doesn't host their own blog.
There might be a business case for it I am missing but as a this is exactly
the kind of thing that using third-party hosting can cause.

Just a thought.

On 10/30/06, jesse at lindenlab.com <jesse at lindenlab.com> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Wordpress.com is having performance problems which appears to be affecting
> our Official Blog. You may notice that http://blog.secondlife.com/ is slow
> to load or unresponsive. We have no further information at this time. This
> appears to be a problem with all Blogs hosted at Wordpress.com. We will
> send out an update when we have more information. Thank you for your
> patience and understanding at this time.
>
> - Jesse Linden

Mark Bell
MA student in Ball State University's Digital Storytelling program
http://www.storygeek.com
"The future is here...it's just not widely distributed." - Tim O'Reilly