[SLED] (no subject)

Ramesh Ramloll r.ramloll at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 20:36:27 PST 2006

This is mainly addressed to Robin or Pathfinder or any Linden in the know.

Regarding this line:" Joe Linden: The system is designed such that any
region may come up on any available CPU (of the proper class) out of a pool
of "spares".
and the recent announcement on the blog that the new price HIKE for islands
will NOT affect those bought for educational purposes or by non-profits,
what class of machines will be provided to educational institutions or
non-profits to support their islands?

Hope this question makes sense. Personally, on a side note, $295 per month,
will surely (100%) put SL out of the reach of anyone interested in SL from a
developing country. When I was at SLCC, Phillip did mention that LL was
doing well, and could even sustain itself without dipping into VC money. Why
the hike at this juncture? I am just trying to understand. Probably the
(unexpected?) surge in created accounts.

'We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop
playing' Oliver Wendell Holmes
Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD Research Assistant Professor Idaho State
University, PocatelloTel: 208-282-5333