[SLED] the grids - Teen and Adult

Bill Freese iedbf at montana.edu
Fri Oct 27 13:28:11 PDT 2006

Howdy,
The problem is how to divide two groups who must be divided without
drawing a line. We all want a place where kids can go without adults
posing a threat to them. And a place where adults can do adult things
without offending kids. But we don't want a sharp line dividing the
two, because we wants older kids (16-17) and younger adults (18) to
be able to work together. One solution would be to have a small age
overlap. Say, let 18 year olds onto both grids. I keep hearing
mention of "laws" in the discussion on this topic. But what are the
laws, really? Is it actually illegal for a 13 year old and an 18 year
old to have contact with each other on the Internet? (Not a
rhetorical question. I ask because I don't know.)
Bill Freese / Friis