[SLED] Castronova gets $240k for Arden project, Virtual Worlds of Shakespeare

Pete Border border at mail.physics.umn.edu
Thu Oct 19 13:29:27 PDT 2006

This is great! If anybody deserves a grant for virtual world research,
it's Ted Castronova. He's been doing conferences without any funding,
aided only by student labor. Woo-hoo!
                                 Pete

PS: Are there any other physicists out there? I'm bringing my "Physics
for Game Designers" class into SL next week. I want them to get some
experience with a real physics engine, and SL is the easiest One (I've
used Unreal in the past, and it's better, but it's just so unremittingly
violent). I don't want them to go to any great
"virtual-physics-demo-in-the-sky" sort of thing, I really would rather
have them build their own..