[SLED] Problem Creating Accounts

Emin Saglamer es26 at txstate.edu
Fri Oct 6 14:22:32 PDT 2006

This happens all the time when people try to teach how to use applications
in a computer lab format. We are having similar issues with Blackboard where
during a course creation tutorial when  10 people hit create new course at
the same time Blackboard is thrown off.

Most computer labs have routers that take the traffic from individual
computers, perhaps put them through a firewall and then send them to the
outside world all under the same IP number ‹ the number of the router.

Your problem possibly stems from the fact that when you ran your
demonstration, all the computers in your lab requested to create an account
within a few seconds of each other with the same IP number thereby flagging
all the e mail addresses used as possible griefer/spammer.

You will have to contact linden labs to get yourself removed from this list
or use an alternate e mail for future sign ups.

I would recommend refraining from creating accounts for online services in a
lab demonstration setting in the future.

Hope that helps,

ES