[SLED] forum instead of email list?

Baker, Mike mbaker at sssd.k12.pa.us
Sun Nov 26 09:04:48 PST 2006

Podcasts could be a quick audio or video covering specific topics.  Think of this as a FAQ or Up-to-speed section.  When someone asks a questions that has been answered in the past, they could be redirected to an audio or video on the subject.  You can explain a lot more in 2 minutes worth of video or even audio than you can in words.  Me, as a clueless newbie, could get the basics of any number of projects with the click of an RSS feed.  I could then easily share the information with many people.   As new projects are created, new content can be added while leaving the old content in place.  RSS feeds could be a lot easier to organize as well.  examples:  University, K-12, Science, Math, Cybrary, etc...  This would allow people to focus their attention to their areas of need.  Of course, the doers would need to create short 2-8 minute podcasts/ vodcasts to make this work, but you people are already putting your lives into these projects!

These are only the thoughts of a newbie.  Right, wrong or clueless, these are the ideas in my head.  I will say that it is very nice to have a voice in such a big movement.

Mike B

Michael Baker, Jr
Online Learning Coordinator
South Side Area School District