[SLED] introducing myself...

Sarah Robbins intellagirl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 12:01:44 PST 2006

Shawn: Welcome to the SLED list! I think you may be the first archeologist!
Another field represented in SL! Woot!
Be sure to check on simteach.com for info about Moodle (or Sloodle) and how
folks are integrating it into SL.
Can't wait to hear more about how you plan to dig around in SL. Yeah, that
was a bad archeology joke. Bad, Intellagirl!
Sarah/Intellagirl

On 11/15/06, grahams at cc.umanitoba.ca <grahams at cc.umanitoba.ca> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> As per the welcome to the list, I'd like to take this opportunity to
> introduce
> myself (and my avatar, should you ever find me stumbling around, dazed and
> confused, in second life).
>
> I'm an archaeologist. I'm amazed at the ways people create themselves
> inside
> second life, and the 'material culture' of the place. I also do most of my
> teaching online in things like moodle and webct, and I would dearly love
> migrate that teaching into second life. I'm working on a project out of
> Brock
> University at the moment on digital game based learning and history
> simulations.
> There's probably a connection there to second life, though I haven't
> figure it
> out yet.
>
> Anyway, I look forward to learning about and learning in Second Life.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shawn
> ('Canadensis Yellowjacket')

Sarah "Intellagirl" Robbins