[SLED] SL - losing my students and audience

Tim Allen Tim at CROMPCO.com
Wed Aug 9 17:21:55 PDT 2006

I heard LL was thinking weekly was too much - I believe Robin said so. Any
details on that? And can we skip one next week before SLCC? Last thing we
need is downtime Friday when LL is drinking! :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Pathfinder Linden <pathfinder at lindenlab.com>
To: Educators interested in using Second Life as a teaching platform.
<educators at lists.secondlife.com>
Sent: Wed Aug 09 20:17:14 2006
Subject: Re: [SLED] SL - losing my students and audience

Howdy folks,

We're very sorry about the extended downtime today.  The latest update
introduced a bug that has required us to keep the grid offline for
much longer than we planned (please see

We do all we can to minimize downtime, and restrict planned downtime
to Wednesdays.  Second Life is definitely out of "beta" phase, but
since it is a constantly evolving complex platform, it requires
regular updates so we can keep fixing bugs and improving features.

In general, I would recommend on planning for the "unexpected" on
Wednesdays, and scheduling critical inworld events for any day *other*
than Wednesdays.

Take care,