SL Classrooms: Looking for Tours

Tim Allen Tim at CROMPCO.com
Wed Oct 26 14:01:51 PDT 2005

Just a thought, but perhaps several of the pioneers from various
universities would want to split a sim. Then you can also teach common
interest classes across several universities.

During my college days, I would have loved to get together in Second Life
with students from across the nation, or world for that matter, to polish up
my foreign language skills (albeit typed), or discuss logic and literature!

Regards,

-Tim/FlipperPA (U Penn, '96)

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Young [mailto:myoung at uconn.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 4:54 PM
To: Educators interested in using Second Life as a teaching platform.
Subject: Re: SL Classrooms: Looking for Tours

Me too!  (I hate saying that).  But here at UConn we discussed creating an
Educator's Coffee House, where the instructional projects could put posters
on the wall and we could get together (in game) if needed to discuss
education and ed research in SL.  But we'd need a little real estate to
build it.. And maybe they would come.

Mike (Uconn_Mike Toonie)

Michael Young, PhD.
Learning Technology Program Coordinator
Neag School of Education, Univ. of CT
249 Glenbrook Rd., Unit 2064
Storrs, CT 06029-2004

(860) 486-0182      Fax:(860) 486-0181
myoung at uconn.edu
http://web.uconn.edu/myoung

> From: douglas thomas <douglast at usc.edu>
> Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:46:10 -0700
> To: "Educators interested in using Second Life as a teaching platform."
> <educators at lindenlab.com>
> Subject: Re: SL Classrooms: Looking for Tours
>
> I am interested in something very similar.  I've been in SL for a
> while now, but it would be great to be able to have some sort of tour
> that would showcase some education uses (useful for
> educating/persuading colleagues and deans about the educational uses of
SL).