Technical Questions about SL for Education

Mark D. Wagner markdwagner at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:07:34 PDT 2005

Hi, all.

I for one am excited about the amount of traffic on this list and
can't wait to dig into these messages after work.

In the meantime, I have a question to throw out as well...

I am a coordinator of educational technology at the Orange County
Department of Education in California. (Yes, the OC.) We are working
on an application for an NSF informal science education grant... and
we plan to use a game to teach students science concepts outside of
the school context. We are considering Second Life - a private island
probably - but my knowledge of the user creation and scripting
systems are limited. Is there any one at Linden, or on this list, I
might be able to contact with specific questions related to our project?

-Mark